Hospitalized due to placenta previa

During my 33rd week checkup, my gynae asked that I pay a visit to a government hospital for further checkup. Due to my placenta previa condition (which is considered high risk pregnancy) he mentioned that most private won't accept these kind of patients. Furthermore, I may loose a lot of blood, and may require blood transfusion. Government hospital are better equipped to handle cases like this and have a better network of blood supply.

And so, on 26th of March (my 34th week), hubs and I went to UMMC (University Malaya Medical Center) for checkup. After the necessary registration and routine tests (blood and urine test) we went in to see a gynecologist. We were told then that I should be warded immediately, in case of bleeding. That totally freaked me out. My first time hospitalized!! But after a couple of deep breaths, I realized it would be for the better. At least I'm already IN the hospital in case of emergency. And there are doctors and nurses around, monitoring my condition.

So hubs and I waited a while until a nurse came to wheel me to the ward.

I will have to stay until the baby is delivered. If no bleeding occurs, a c-section will be planned sometime in week 38th.

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.